This page answers questions to your most likely questions. Please take a moment to review the questions. If your question is unanswered, we invite you to contact us.
1. Why do I have to put my child’s name on everything? Your child often has similar things as the other children and cannot always recognize their own items. We cannot be responsible for getting your child’s items back to you if they do not have a name on them.
2. Why doesn’t my child wear shoes during the day? We have found that the children prefer to wear just socks during classroom time. They will get dirty but they really are the most comfortable. If you prefer, you can send a pair of comfortable, well-fitting slippers for them. No characters or lights on shoes, socks, or slippers please.
3. What is needed for the first day of school?
a. A backpack for bringing items to and from school, a lunch box that fits inside the backpack, and extra clothes brought in a 1-gallon Ziploc-like bag with each item LABELED WITH YOUR CHILD’S INITIALS. If the bag comes home in your child’s backpack, then an item needs to be replenished and the bag sent back the next day. The Bag needs to contain 1 pair of pants, 1shirt, 1 pair of underwear, and 1 pair of socks.
i. Registration form
ii. Registration fee
iii. Emergency contact form
iv. Copy of insurance card
v. Up-to-date Immunization Record
vi. Vision Screening (Kindergarteners only)
vii. Dental Screening (Kindergarteners only)
4. What should be in my child’s lunch? Lunch like any other part of our day is a learning experience. During lunch, we “strongly” encourage the children to eat their protein first then their fruit/vegetable. After that, they may choose what to eat next. Protein can be in the form of a sandwich with meat, cheese, peanut butter, or even yogurt. If you need help with ideas, please do not hesitate to ask us. Water and white milk are provided. NO candy or pop is allowed.
5. When is Show and Share? We will be having Show and Share this year but not until October. We would like to have the classroom normalized before starting this activity. Each week four or five children will be allowed to bring in something important from home to share with their friends. We will have a schedule ready in September so you will know in advance which week will be your child’s.